Synonyms for exfoliate
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exfoliate, unfold, spread, spread out, open
- usage: spread by opening the leaves of
- 2. exfoliate, shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop
- usage: cast off in scales, laminae, or splinters
- 3. exfoliate, peel off
- usage: remove the surface, in scales or laminae
- 4. exfoliate, chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off
- usage: come off in a very thin piece
- 5. exfoliate, grow
- usage: grow by producing or unfolding leaves; "plants exfoliate"