Synonyms for expansion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. expansion, enlargement, increase, step-up
- usage: the act of increasing (something) in size or volume or quantity or scope
- 2. expansion, function, mathematical function, single-valued function, map, mapping
- usage: a function expressed as a sum or product of terms; "the expansion of (a+b)^2 is a^2 + 2ab + b^2"
- 3. expansion, enlargement, elaboration, discussion, treatment, discourse
- usage: a discussion that provides additional information
- 4. expansion, expanding upon, increase, step-up
- usage: adding information or detail