Synonyms for expatriate
- 1. exile, expatriate, expat, absentee
- usage: a person who is voluntarily absent from home or country; "American expatriates"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. expatriate, deport, exile, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: expel from a country; "The poet was exiled because he signed a letter protesting the government's actions"
- 2. expatriate, emigrate
- usage: move away from one's native country and adopt a new residence abroad