Synonyms for expected
- 1. expect, anticipate, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: regard something as probable or likely; "The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow"
- 2. ask, require, expect, demand
- usage: consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren't we asking too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
- 3. expect, look, await, wait
- usage: look forward to the probable occurrence of; "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"; "She is looking to a promotion"; "he is waiting to be drafted"
- 4. expect, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: consider reasonable or due; "I'm expecting a full explanation as to why these files were destroyed"
- 5. expect, expect, look, await, wait
- usage: look forward to the birth of a child; "She is expecting in March"
- 6. have a bun in the oven, bear, carry, gestate, expect, give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
- usage: be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. expected (vs. unexpected), anticipated, awaited(predicate), hoped-for, due(predicate), expectable, matter-of-course, unsurprising
- usage: considered likely or probable to happen or arrive; "prepared for the expected attack"