Synonyms for expire
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. run out, expire, discontinue
- usage: lose validity; "My passports expired last month"
- 2. die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it, change state, turn
- usage: pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- 3. exhale, expire, breathe out, breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire
- usage: expel air; "Exhale when you lift the weight"