Synonyms for exposed
- 1. expose, subject
- usage: expose or make accessible to some action or influence; "Expose your students to art"; "expose the blanket to sunshine"
- 2. unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out, tell
- usage: make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret; "The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"; "The actress won't reveal how old she is"; "bring out the truth"; "he broke the news to her"; "unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
- 3. expose, exhibit, display, show
- usage: to show, make visible or apparent; "The Metropolitan Museum is exhibiting Goya's works this month"; "Why don't you show your nice legs and wear shorter skirts?"; "National leaders will have to display the highest skills of statesmanship"
- 4. uncover, expose
- usage: remove all or part of one's clothes to show one's body; "uncover your belly"; "The man exposed himself in the subway"
- 5. disclose, expose, uncover, bring out, unveil, reveal
- usage: disclose to view as by removing a cover; "The curtain rose to disclose a stunning set"
- 6. queer, expose, scupper, endanger, peril, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- 7. expose, subject
- usage: expose to light, of photographic film
- 8. debunk, expose, ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun
- usage: expose while ridiculing; especially of pretentious or false claims and ideas; "The physicist debunked the psychic's claims"
- 9. expose, abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
- usage: abandon by leaving out in the open air; "The infant was exposed by the teenage mother"; "After Christmas, many pets get abandoned"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exposed, open, unprotected (vs. protected)
- usage: with no protection or shield; "the exposed northeast frontier"; "open to the weather"; "an open wound"
- 2. exposed, uncovered, unclothed (vs. clothed)
- usage: not covered with clothing; "her exposed breast"