Synonyms for expounding
- 1. exposition, expounding, interpretation
- usage: a systematic interpretation or explanation (usually written) of a specific topic
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
- 2. set forth, expound, exposit, elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate
- usage: state; "set forth one's reasons"