Synonyms for express
- 1. express, express mail, mail
- usage: mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
- 2. express, limited, public transport
- usage: public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops; "he caught the express to New York"
- 3. express, expressage, transportation, shipping, transport
- usage: rapid transport of goods
- 1. express, show, evince, convey
- usage: give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
- 2. express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- 3. carry, convey, express, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
- 4. express, state, denote, refer
- usage: indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
- 5. express, realize, realise, actualize, actualise, substantiate
- usage: manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait); "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
- 6. press out, express, extract, get, acquire
- usage: obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
- 7. express, mail, post, send
- usage: send by rapid transport or special messenger service; "She expressed the letter to Florida"
- 1. express, explicit (vs. implicit), expressed
- usage: not tacit or implied; "her express wish"
- 2. express, fast (vs. slow)
- usage: without unnecessary stops; "an express train"; "an express shipment"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. express
- usage: by express; "please send the letter express"