Synonyms for extra
- 1. supernumerary, spear carrier, extra, actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player
- usage: a minor actor in crowd scenes
- 2. extra, edition
- usage: an additional edition of a newspaper (usually to report a crisis)
- 3. extra, duplicate, artifact, artefact
- usage: something additional of the same kind; "he always carried extras in case of an emergency"
- 1. excess, extra, redundant, spare, supererogatory, superfluous, supernumerary, surplus, unnecessary (vs. necessary), unneeded
- usage: more than is needed, desired, or required; "trying to lose excess weight"; "found some extra change lying on the dresser"; "yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"; "skills made redundant by technological advance"; "sleeping in the spare room"; "supernumerary ornamentation"; "it was supererogatory of her to gloat"; "delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"; "extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"; "surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
- 2. extra, special, unscheduled (vs. scheduled)
- usage: added to a regular schedule; "a special holiday flight"; "put on special buses for the big game"
- 3. extra, additional, additive (vs. subtractive)
- usage: further or added; "called for additional troops"; "need extra help"; "an extra pair of shoes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. extra
- usage: unusually or exceptionally; "an extra fast car"
See also: extra (Dictionary)