Synonyms for feel
- 1. feel, awareness, consciousness, cognizance, cognisance, knowingness
- usage: an intuitive awareness; "he has a feel for animals" or "it's easy when you get the feel of it";
- 2. spirit, tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smell, atmosphere, ambiance, ambience
- usage: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
- 3. tactile property, feel, property
- usage: a property perceived by touch
- 4. feel, foreplay, arousal, stimulation
- usage: manual-genital stimulation for sexual pleasure; "the girls hated it when he tried to sneak a feel"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. feel, experience, feel for
- usage: undergo an emotional sensation; "She felt resentful"; "He felt regret"
- 2. find, feel, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds; "I feel that he doesn't like me"; "I find him to be obnoxious"; "I found the movie rather entertaining"
- 3. feel, sense, perceive, comprehend
- usage: perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles; "He felt the wind"; "She felt an object brushing her arm"; "He felt his flesh crawl"; "She felt the heat when she got out of the car"
- 4. feel, be
- usage: seem with respect to a given sensation given; "My cold is gone--I feel fine today"; "She felt tired after the long hike"
- 5. feel, think, believe, consider, conceive
- usage: have a feeling or perception about oneself in reaction to someone's behavior or attitude; "She felt small and insignificant"; "You make me feel naked"; "I made the students feel different about themselves"
- 6. feel, experience, undergo, see, go through
- usage: undergo passive experience of:"We felt the effects of inflation"; "her fingers felt their way through the string quartet"; "she felt his contempt of her"
- 7. feel, look, appear, seem
- usage: be felt or perceived in a certain way; "The ground feels shaky"; "The sheets feel soft"
- 8. feel, search, seek, look for
- usage: grope or feel in search of something; "He felt for his wallet"
- 9. feel, finger
- usage: examine by touch; "Feel this soft cloth!"; "The customer fingered the sweater"
- 10. palpate, feel, touch
- usage: examine (a body part) by palpation; "The nurse palpated the patient's stomach"; "The runner felt her pulse"
- 11. feel, find, regain
- usage: find by testing or cautious exploration; "He felt his way around the dark room"
- 12. feel, look, appear, seem
- usage: produce a certain impression; "It feels nice to be home again"
- 13. feel, touch
- usage: pass one's hands over the sexual organs of; "He felt the girl in the movie theater"
See also: feel (Dictionary)