Synonyms for fish
- 1. fish, aquatic vertebrate
- usage: any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the livingroom there was a tank of colorful fish"
- 2. fish, food
- usage: the flesh of fish used as food; "in Japan most fish is eaten raw"; "after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat"; "they have a chef who specializes in fish"
- 3. Pisces, Fish, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- usage: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- 4. Pisces, Pisces the Fishes, Fish, sign of the zodiac, star sign, sign, mansion, house, planetary house
- usage: the twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. fish, angle, search, seek, look for
- usage: seek indirectly; "fish for compliments"
- 2. fish, catch, grab, take hold of
- usage: catch or try to catch fish or shellfish; "I like to go fishing on weekends"
See also: fish (Dictionary)