Synonyms for fun
- 1. fun, merriment, playfulness, diversion, recreation
- usage: activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around"
- 2. fun, play, sport, wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
- usage: verbal wit (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"
- 3. fun, activity
- usage: violent and excited activity; "she asked for money and then the fun began"; "they began to fight like fun"
- 4. playfulness, fun, frivolity, frivolousness
- usage: a disposition to find (or make) causes for amusement; "her playfulness surprised me"; "he was fun to be with"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. amusing, amusive, diverting, fun(prenominal), entertaining (vs. unentertaining)
- usage: providing enjoyment; pleasantly entertaining; "an amusing speaker"; "a diverting story"; "a fun thing to do"
See also: fun (Dictionary)