Synonyms for funk
- 1. funk, blue funk, depression
- usage: a state of nervous depression; "he was in a funk"
- 2. Funk, Casimir Funk
- usage: United States biochemist (born in Poland) who showed that several diseases were caused by dietary deficiencies and who coined the term `vitamin' for the chemicals involved (1884-1967)
- 3. funk, jazz
- usage: an earthy type of jazz combining it with blues and soul; has a heavy bass line that accentuates the first beat in the bar
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, shrink, wince, recoil, quail, move
- usage: draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"