Synonyms for galvanising
- 1. startle, galvanize, galvanise, shock, floor, ball over, blow out of the water, take aback
- usage: to stimulate to action ; "..startled him awake"; "galvanized into action"
- 2. galvanize, galvanise, coat, surface
- usage: cover with zinc; "galvanize steel"
- 3. galvanize, galvanise, shock
- usage: stimulate (muscles) by administering a shock
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. electric, galvanic, galvanizing, galvanising, exciting (vs. unexciting)
- usage: affected by emotion as if by electricity; thrilling; "gave an electric reading of the play"; "the new leader had a galvanic effect on morale"