Synonyms for gambling
- 1. gambling, gaming, play, diversion, recreation, vice
- usage: the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize); "his gambling cost him a fortune"; "there was heavy play at the blackjack table"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. gamble, chance, risk, hazard, take chances, adventure, run a risk, take a chance, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling"
- 2. gamble, play
- usage: play games for money