Synonyms for game
- 1. game, activity
- usage: a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
- 2. game, contest, competition
- usage: a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
- 3. game, diversion, recreation
- usage: an amusement or pastime; "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
- 4. game, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: animal hunted for food or sport
- 5. game, part, section, division
- usage: (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- 6. game, score
- usage: (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
- 7. game, meat
- usage: the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- 8. plot, secret plan, game, scheme, strategy
- usage: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
- 9. game, game equipment
- usage: the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game; "the child received several games for his birthday"
- 10. game, biz, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: your occupation or line of work; "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
- 11. game, play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper
- usage: frivolous or trifling behavior; "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
- 1. bet on, back, gage, stake, game, punt, bet, wager, play
- usage: place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. crippled, halt, halting, lame, gimpy, game, unfit (vs. fit)
- usage: disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
- 2. game, gamy, gamey, gritty, mettlesome, spirited, spunky, brave (vs. cowardly), courageous
- usage: willing to face danger
See also: game (Dictionary)