Synonyms for gauntlet
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. gauntlet, gantlet, challenge
- usage: to offer or accept a challenge; "threw down the gauntlet"; "took up the gauntlet"
- 2. gauntlet, gantlet, metal glove, glove
- usage: a glove of armored leather; protects the hand
- 3. gauntlet, gantlet, glove
- usage: a glove with long sleeve
- 4. gauntlet, gantlet, corporal punishment
- usage: a form of punishment in which a person is forced to run between two lines of men facing each other and armed with clubs or whips to beat the victim