Synonyms for gestation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. gestation, gestation period, biological time
- usage: the period during which an embryo develops (about 266 days in humans)
- 2. pregnancy, gestation, maternity, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
- 3. gestation, construction, mental synthesis
- usage: the conception and development of an idea or plan