Synonyms for get-back
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. win back, get back, get, acquire
- usage: recover something or somebody that appeared to be lost; "We got back the money after we threatened to sue the company"; "He got back his son from the kidnappers"
- 2. get even, get back, revenge, avenge, retaliate
- usage: take revenge or even out a score; "I cannot accept the defeat--I want to get even"
- 3. settle, get back, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: get one's revenge for a wrong or an injury; "I finally settled with my old enemy"