Synonyms for get-on
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. get along with, get on with, get on, get along, relate
- usage: have smooth relations; "My boss and I get along very well"
- 2. board, get on, enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- usage: get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- 3. hop on, mount, mount up, get on, jump on, climb on, bestride, move
- usage: get up on the back of; "mount a horse"
- 4. get on, approach, come near
- usage: grow late or (of time) elapse; "It is getting on midnight--let's all go to bed!"
- 5. get on, be on, air
- usage: appear in a show, on T.V. or radio; "The news won't be on tonight"
- 6. progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up, develop
- usage: develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school"; "My plants are coming along"; "Plans are shaping up"
- 7. senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate, develop
- usage: grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"