Synonyms for get-out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exit, go out, get out, leave, move
- usage: move out of or depart from; "leave the room"; "the fugitive has left the country"
- 2. bring out, get out, unpack, take out
- usage: take out of a container or enclosed space; "Get out your best dress--we are going to a party!"
- 3. pull out, get out, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: move out or away; "The troops pulled out after the cease-fire"
- 4. get out, state, say, tell
- usage: express with difficulty; "I managed to get out a few words"
- 5. draw, pull, pull out, get out, take out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover; "draw a weapon"; "pull out a gun"; "The mugger pulled a knife on his victim"
- 6. break, get out, get around
- usage: be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning"
- 7. get off, get away, get by, get out, escape, avoid
- usage: escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action; "She gets away with murder!"; "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"