Synonyms for get-up
- 1. outfit, getup, rig, turnout, attire, garb, dress
- usage: a set of clothing (with accessories); "his getup was exceedingly elegant"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. arise, rise, uprise, get up, stand up, change posture
- usage: rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
- 2. get up, turn out, arise, uprise, rise
- usage: get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
- 3. raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up, move, displace
- usage: raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
- 4. get up, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: cause to rise; "The sergeant got us up at 2 A.M."
- 5. work up, get up, grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
- usage: develop; "we worked up an as of an appetite"
- 6. overdress, dress up, fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out, dress, get dressed
- usage: put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
- 7. organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate, initiate, pioneer
- usage: arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
- 8. cram, grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone, study, hit the books
- usage: study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"