Synonyms for gig
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. gig, small boat
- usage: long and light rowing boat; especially for racing
- 2. spear, gig, fizgig, fishgig, lance, implement
- usage: an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
- 3. gig, hook
- usage: a cluster of hooks (without barbs) that is drawn through a school of fish to hook their bodies; used when fish are not biting
- 4. gig, tender, ship's boat, pinnace, cutter
- usage: tender that is a light ship's boat; often for personal use of captain
- 5. gig, carriage, equipage, rig
- usage: small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and no hood
- 6. gig, engagement, booking
- usage: a booking for musicians; "they played a gig in New Jersey"
See also: gig (Dictionary)