Synonyms for give-away
- 1. giveaway, gift
- usage: a gift of public land or resources for the private gain of a limited group
- 2. giveaway, disclosure, revelation, revealing
- usage: an unintentional disclosure
- 3. game show, giveaway, broadcast, program, programme
- usage: a television or radio program in which contestants compete for awards
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. give away, give, gift, present
- usage: make a gift of; "She gave away her antique furniture"
- 2. unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out, tell
- usage: make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret; "The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"; "The actress won't reveal how old she is"; "bring out the truth"; "he broke the news to her"; "unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
- 3. give away, hand over, fork over, fork out, fork up, turn in, deliver, render
- usage: formally hand over to the bridegroom in marriage; of a bride by her father
- 4. denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag, inform
- usage: give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"