Synonyms for give-out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. emit, give out, give off
- usage: give off, send forth, or discharge; as of light, heat, or radiation, vapor, etc.; "The ozone layer blocks some harmful rays which the sun emits"
- 2. distribute, give out, hand out, pass out, give, gift, present
- usage: give to several people; "The teacher handed out the exams"
- 3. fail, run out, give out
- usage: prove insufficient; "The water supply for the town failed after a long drought"
- 4. fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down, change
- usage: stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"