Synonyms for glazed
- 1. glaze, coat, surface
- usage: coat with a glaze; "the potter glazed the dishes"; "glaze the bread with eggwhite"
- 2. glaze, glass, glass over, glaze over, change
- usage: become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance; "Her eyes glaze over when she is bored"
- 3. glass, glaze, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with glass; "glass the windows"
- 4. sugarcoat, glaze, candy, sweeten, dulcify, edulcorate, dulcorate
- usage: coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. glassy, glazed, empty (vs. full)
- usage: (used of eyes) lacking liveliness; "empty eyes"; "a glassy stare"; "his eyes were glazed over with boredom"
- 2. glazed (vs. unglazed), glassed
- usage: fitted or covered with glass; "four glazed walls"
- 3. glazed (vs. unglazed), shiny, glassy, vitreous, vitrified, glass-like, glossy, calendered, icy
- usage: having a shiny surface or coating; "glazed fabrics"; "glazed doughnuts"
- 4. glazed, coated (vs. uncoated)
- usage: (of foods) covered with a shiny coating by applying e.g. beaten egg or a sugar or gelatin mixture; "glazed doughnuts"; "a glazed ham"