Synonyms for go-off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. abscond, bolt, absquatulate, decamp, run off, go off, make off, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along; "The thief made off with our silver"; "the accountant absconded with the cash from the safe"
- 2. go off, explode, burst
- usage: be discharged or activated; "the explosive devices went off"
- 3. fire, discharge, go off
- usage: go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
- 4. go off, stop, halt
- usage: stop running, functioning, or operating; "Our power went off during the hurricane"
- 5. go off, come off, go over, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: happen in a particular manner; "how did your talk go over?"
- 6. implode, go off, collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder
- usage: burst inward; "The bottle imploded"