Synonyms for god
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. God, Supreme Being
- usage: the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
- 2. deity, divinity, god, immortal, spiritual being, supernatural being
- usage: any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- 3. god, superior, higher-up, superordinate
- usage: a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people; "he was a god among men"
- 4. idol, graven image, god, effigy, image, simulacrum
- usage: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"
See also: god (Dictionary)