Synonyms for going-over
- 1. going-over, examination, scrutiny
- usage: a careful and thorough inspection
- 2. castigation, earful, bawling out, chewing out, upbraiding, going-over, dressing down, rebuke, reproof, reproval, reprehension, reprimand
- usage: a severe scolding
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. review, go over, survey, inspect
- usage: hold a review (of troops)
- 2. go off, come off, go over, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: happen in a particular manner; "how did your talk go over?"
- 3. check, check up on, look into, check out, suss out, check over, go over, check into, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition; "check the brakes"; "Check out the engine"
- 4. fall over, go over, break down, collapse
- usage: fall forward and down; "The old woman went over without a sound"