Synonyms for gossiping
- 1. gossiping, gossipmongering, conversation
- usage: a conversation that spreads personal information about other people
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dish the dirt, gossip, talk, speak
- usage: wag one's tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies; "She won't dish the dirt"
- 2. chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit, converse, discourse
- usage: talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"