Synonyms for government
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. government, authorities, regime, polity
- usage: the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit; "the government reduced taxes"; "the matter was referred to higher authorities"
- 2. government, governing, governance, government activity, administration, social control
- usage: the act of governing; exercising authority; "regulations for the governing of state prisons"; "he had considerable experience of government"
- 3. government, system, system of rules
- usage: (government) the system or form by which a community or other political unit is governed; "tyrannical government"
- 4. politics, political science, government, social science
- usage: the study of government of states and other political units