Synonyms for grade
- 1. class, form, grade, course, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a body of students who are taught together; "early morning classes are always sleepy"
- 2. grade, level, tier, rank
- usage: a relative position or degree of value in a graded group; "lumber of the highest grade"
- 3. grade, gradient, slope
- usage: the gradient of a slope or road or other surface; "the road had a steep grade"
- 4. grad, grade, angular unit
- usage: one-hundredth of a right angle
- 5. grade, gradation, ablaut
- usage: a degree of ablaut
- 6. mark, grade, score, evaluation, valuation, rating
- usage: a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance); "she made good marks in algebra"; "grade A milk"; "what was your score on your homework?"
- 7. grade, ground level, elevation
- usage: the height of the ground on which something stands; "the base of the tower was below grade"
- 8. degree, grade, level, property
- usage: a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
- 9. grade, cattle, cows, kine, oxen, Bos taurus
- usage: a variety of cattle produced by crossbreeding with a superior breed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rate, rank, range, order, grade, place, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- 2. grade, flush, level, even out, even
- usage: level to the right gradient
- 3. grade, score, mark, measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value
- usage: assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
- 4. grade, classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- usage: determine the grade of or assign a grade to
See also: grade (Dictionary)