Synonyms for grant
- 1. grant, aid, economic aid, financial aid
- usage: any monetary aid
- 2. grant, subsidization, subsidisation, allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
- usage: the act of providing a subsidy
- 3. grant, assignment, transferred property, transferred possession
- usage: (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
- 4. Grant, Duncan Grant, Duncan James Corrow Grant
- usage: Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978)
- 5. Grant, Cary Grant
- usage: United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
- 6. Grant, Ulysses Grant, Ulysses S. Grant, Ulysses Simpson Grant, Hiram Ulysses Grant, President Grant
- usage: 18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885)
- 7. concession, grant, contract
- usage: a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business; "he got the beer concession at the ball park"
- 8. grant, right
- usage: a right or privilege that has been granted
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. allow, grant, give
- usage: let have; "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
- 2. award, grant, give
- usage: give as judged due or on the basis of merit; "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff";"Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
- 3. concede, yield, grant, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
- 4. accord, allot, grant, give
- usage: allow to have; "grant a privilege"
- 5. grant, give
- usage: bestow, especially officially; "grant a degree"; "give a divorce"; "This bill grants us new rights"
- 6. concede, yield, cede, grant, give
- usage: give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
- 7. grant, deed over, give, gift, present
- usage: transfer by deed; "grant land"
See also: grant (Dictionary)