Synonyms for grasping
- 1. grasping, understanding, apprehension, discernment, savvy
- usage: understanding with difficulty; "the lecture was beyond his most strenuous graspings"
- 2. grasping, taking hold, seizing, prehension, control
- usage: the act of gripping something firmly with the hands (or the tentacles)
- 1. grasp, hold on, hold, take hold
- usage: hold firmly
- 2. grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend, understand
- usage: get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. avaricious, covetous, grabby, grasping, greedy, prehensile, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth; "they are avaricious and will do anything for money"; "casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields"; "a grasping old miser"; "grasping commercialism"; "greedy for money and power"; "grew richer and greedier"; "prehensile employers stingy with raises for their employees"