Synonyms for graven
- 1. sculpt, sculpture, grave, carve
- usage: shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it; "She is sculpting the block of marble into an image of her husband"
- 2. scratch, engrave, grave, inscribe, carve, chip at
- usage: carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. graven, sculpted, sculptured, carved (vs. uncarved), carven
- usage: cut into a desired shape; "graven images"; "sculptured representations"
- 2. engraved, etched, graven, incised, inscribed, carved (vs. uncarved), carven
- usage: cut or impressed into a surface; "an incised design"; "engraved invitations"