Synonyms for groom
- 1. groom, bridegroom, participant
- usage: a man participant in his own marriage ceremony
- 2. stableman, stableboy, groom, hostler, ostler, hired hand, hand, hired man
- usage: someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
- 3. groom, bridegroom, newlywed, honeymooner
- usage: a man who has recently been married
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. prepare, groom, train, educate
- usage: educate for a future role or function; "He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
- 2. dress, groom, curry, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: give a neat appearance to; "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
- 3. groom, neaten, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: care for one's external appearance; "He is always well-groomed"
See also: groom (Dictionary)