Synonyms for ground-floor
- 1. ground floor, first floor, ground level, floor, level, storey, story
- usage: the floor of a building that is at or nearest to the level of the ground around the building
- 2. ground floor, beginning
- usage: becoming part of a venture at the beginning (regarded as position of advantage); "he got in on the ground floor"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ground-floor, downstairs (vs. upstairs), downstair
- usage: on the floor closest to level with the ground; "the ground-floor entrance is kept locked"