Synonyms for groundnut
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. groundnut, groundnut vine, Indian potato, potato bean, wild bean, Apios americana, Apios tuberosa, vine
- usage: a North American vine with fragrant blossoms and edible tubers; important food crop of Native Americans
- 2. groundnut, potato bean, wild bean, tuber
- usage: nutlike tuber; important food of Native Americans
- 3. peanut, earthnut, goober, goober pea, groundnut, monkey nut, edible nut
- usage: pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms