Synonyms for grumble
- 1. rumble, rumbling, grumble, grumbling, noise
- usage: a loud low dull continuous noise; "they heard the rumbling of thunder"
- 2. grumble, grumbling, murmur, murmuring, mutter, muttering, complaint
- usage: a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. grouch, grumble, scold, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: show one's unhappiness or critical attitude; "He scolded about anything that he thought was wrong"; "We grumbled about the increased work load"
- 2. murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath; "she grumbles when she feels overworked"
- 3. grumble, growl, rumble, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds; "he grumbled a rude response"; "Stones grumbled down the cliff"
- 4. rumble, grumble, sound, go
- usage: make a low noise; "rumbling thunder"