Synonyms for hang-up
- 1. hang-up, preoccupation
- usage: an emotional preoccupation
- 2. hang-up, hitch, rub, snag, obstacle, obstruction
- usage: an unforeseen obstacle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. hang up, replace, put back
- usage: put a telephone receiver back in its cradle
- 2. hang, hang up, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: cause to be hanging or suspended; "Hang that picture on the wall"
- 3. hang up, cut short, break short, break off
- usage: interrupt a telephone conversation