Synonyms for haphazard
- 1. haphazard, hit-or-miss, random (vs. nonrandom)
- usage: dependent upon or characterized by chance; "a haphazard plan of action"; "his judgment is rather hit-or-miss"
- 2. haphazard, slapdash, slipshod, sloppy, careless (vs. careful)
- usage: marked by great carelessness; "a most haphazard system of record keeping"; "slapdash work"; "slipshod spelling"; "sloppy workmanship"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. haphazard, haphazardly
- usage: without care; in a slapdash manner; "the Prime Minister was wearing a grey suit and a white shirt with a soft collar, but his neck had become thinner and the collar stood away from it as if it had been bought haphazard"