Synonyms for happen
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- 2. happen, befall, bechance, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance; "It happens that today is my birthday"; "These things befell" (Santayana)
- 3. happen, chance
- usage: chance to be or do something, without intention or causation; "I happen to have just what you need!"
- 4. happen, materialize, materialise, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come into being; become reality; "Her dream really materialized"
- 5. find, happen, chance, bump, encounter
- usage: come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"