Synonyms for healthy
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. healthy (vs. unhealthy), bouncing, firm, flourishing, growing, thriving, good, sound, hale, whole, hearty, hearty, full-blooded, lusty, red-blooded, rubicund, ruddy, sanguine, well-preserved, wholesome, flushed, rose-cheeked, rosy, rosy-cheeked, anicteric, fit#3, healthy, robust, well, wholesome
- usage: having or indicating good health in body or mind; free from infirmity or disease; "a rosy healthy baby"; "staying fit and healthy"
- 2. healthy, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: financially secure and functioning well; "a healthy economy"
- 3. healthy, salubrious, good for you(predicate), wholesome (vs. unwholesome)
- usage: promoting health; healthful; "a healthy diet"; "clean healthy air"; "plenty of healthy sleep"; "healthy and normal outlets for youthful energy"; "the salubrious mountain air and water"- C.B.Davis; "carrots are good for you"
- 4. fit (vs. unfit), healthy, able, able-bodied, conditioned, in condition(predicate), healthy, sound, well
- usage: physically and mentally sound or healthy; "felt relaxed and fit after their holiday"; "keeps fit with diet and exercise"
- 5. healthy, intelligent, levelheaded, sound, reasonable (vs. unreasonable), sensible
- usage: exercising or showing good judgment; "healthy scepticism"; "a healthy fear of rattlesnakes"; "the healthy attitude of French laws"; "healthy relations between labor and management"; "an intelligent solution"; "a sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"