Synonyms for heaviness
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. heaviness, weightiness, weight
- usage: the property of being comparatively great in weight; "the heaviness of lead"
- 2. heaviness, sadness, unhappiness
- usage: persisting sadness; "nothing lifted the heaviness of her heart after her loss"
- 3. ponderousness, heaviness, uninterestingness
- usage: an oppressive quality that is laborious and solemn and lacks grace or fluency; "a book so serious that it sometimes subsided into ponderousness"; "his lectures tend to heaviness and repetition"
- 4. thickness, heaviness, wideness, broadness
- usage: used of a line or mark
- 5. burdensomeness, heaviness, onerousness, oppressiveness, difficulty, difficultness
- usage: unwelcome burdensome difficulty