Synonyms for heel
- 1. heel, bottom, underside, undersurface
- usage: the bottom of a shoe or boot; the back part of a shoe or boot that touches the ground and provides elevation
- 2. heel, skeletal structure
- usage: the back part of the human foot
- 3. cad, bounder, blackguard, dog, hound, heel, villain, scoundrel
- usage: someone who is morally reprehensible; "you dirty dog"
- 4. heel, end, terminal
- usage: one of the crusty ends of a loaf of bread
- 5. heel, end, terminal
- usage: the lower end of a ship's mast
- 6. heel, part, portion
- usage: (golf) the part of the clubhead where it joins the shaft
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. list, heel, lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
- usage: tilt to one side; "The balloon heeled over"; "the wind made the vessel heel"; "The ship listed to starboard"
- 2. heel, follow, travel along
- usage: follow at the heels of a person
- 3. heel, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: perform with the heels; "heel that dance"
- 4. heel, hit
- usage: strike with the heel of the club; "heel a golf ball"
- 5. heel, reheel, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: put a new heel on; "heel shoes"
See also: heel (Dictionary)