Synonyms for helpful
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. helpful (vs. unhelpful), accommodating, adjuvant, assistive, face-saving, facilitative, facilitatory, implemental, instrumental, kind, laborsaving, laboursaving, reformative, reformatory, right-hand, stabilizing, stabilising, steadying, ministering, ministrant, attending, accommodating#1, accommodative, cooperative, encouraging, useful#1, utile
- usage: providing assistance or serving a useful function
- 2. helpful, useful (vs. useless), utile
- usage: of service or assistance; "a child who is helpful around the house can save the mother many steps"
- 3. helpful, cooperative (vs. uncooperative)
- usage: showing a willingness to cooperate; "a helpful cooperative patient"; "parents hope to raise children who are considerate and helpful to others"