Synonyms for heroic
- 1. heroic verse, heroic meter, heroic, epic poem, heroic poem, epic, epos
- usage: a verse form suited to the treatment of heroic or elevated themes; dactylic hexameter or iambic pentameter
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. epic, heroic, larger-than-life, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic sculpture"
- 2. heroic
- usage: relating to or characteristic of heroes of antiquity; "heroic legends"; "the heroic age"
- 3. heroic, heroical, bold (vs. timid)
- usage: having or displaying qualities appropriate for heroes; "the heroic attack on the beaches of Normandy"; "heroic explorers"
- 4. expansive, grand, heroic, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: of behavior that is impressive and ambitious in scale or scope; "an expansive lifestyle"; "in the grand manner"; "collecting on a grand scale"; "heroic undertakings"
- 5. desperate, heroic, brave (vs. cowardly), courageous
- usage: showing extreme courage; especially of actions courageously undertaken in desperation as a last resort; "made a last desperate attempt to reach the climber"; "the desperate gallantry of our naval task forces marked the turning point in the Pacific war"- G.C.Marshall; "they took heroic measures to save his life"