Synonyms for hibernation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. hibernation, torpor, torpidity
- usage: the torpid or resting state in which some animals pass the winter
- 2. hibernation, dormancy, quiescence, quiescency
- usage: cessation from or slowing of activity during the winter; especially slowing of metabolism in some animals
- 3. hibernation, retirement
- usage: the act of retiring into inactivity; "he emerged from his hibernation to make his first appearance in several years"