Synonyms for hoary
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. gray, grey, gray-haired, grey-haired, gray-headed, grey-headed, grizzly, hoar, hoary, white-haired, old (vs. young)
- usage: showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
- 2. hoary, rusty, old (vs. new)
- usage: ancient; "hoary jokes"
- 3. canescent, hoary, hairy (vs. hairless), hirsute
- usage: covered with fine whitish hairs or down
See also: hoary (Dictionary)