Synonyms for holler
- 1. bellow, bellowing, holla, holler, hollering, hollo, holloa, roar, roaring, yowl, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal); "his bellow filled the hallway"
- 2. hollow, holler, valley, vale
- usage: a small valley between mountains; "he built himself a cabin in a hollow high up in the Appalachians"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. holler, holler out, shout
- usage: shout out; "He hollered out to surrender our weapons"
- 2. shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- 3. gripe, bitch, grouse, crab, beef, squawk, bellyache, holler, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: complain; "What was he hollering about?"